MAINTENANCE & TUNE-UPS
On a late model vehicle the car manufacturer requires that scheduled maintenance be performed at various intervals, such as 30, 60 and 90,000 miles. During each of these required services, everything that you car needs to stay tuned-up are being addressed, so that your car will never actually need what we used to call a "tune-up". However, if your vehicle is not running at peak performance, or is having issues, this is when diagnostic work to inspect and evaluate what your car needs, is then perform. It is often that something not mentioned in the regular scheduled maintenance may need to be addressed, which is done on an as-needed basis. Under normal basic maintenance, when oil change and lube services are performed Sunshine includes a comprehensive 27-point vehicle inspection of things like your vehicles brakes, fluids, belts, hoses, etc., in addition to looking up what your car manufacturer's recommended services are for your particular vehicle, relative the age and the mileage of your vehicle. When those services are performed we make incremental recommendations to you to consider, in order to keep your car in peak performance, relative to what our findings may be.
Maximize gas mileage and power, and increase the overall life of your vehicle, with regular tune ups. Tune ups should happen at least every 30,000 miles or every two years, depending on the age and mileage of the car. A tune up makes sure that often overlooked “little things” work correctly and get replaced if needed.
HERE IS A TYPICAL TUNE-UP:
- Replace the fuel filter. Filters get clogged with particles and it can decrease the car’s efficiency and power.
- Change the spark plugs and check the plug wires. Bad plugs or wires lead to mileage inefficiency, loss of power, and rough starts. We’ll want to make sure you get new plugs and replace old wires.
- Replace distributor cap and rotor. Some cars do not come these items, but if you have them, we can replace them.
- Check ignition system and timing. Older vehicles rely on ignition timing.
- Make needed adjustments to valves and check/replace gaskets if oil is leaking.
- Belts are an important part of the tune up. We check all your belts and replace them if we see signs of wear and tear.
- Check all fluids and top off any levels.
- Change oil and filter if needed.
- Check and replace air filter.
- Check and adjust clutch in cars with manual transmission.
- Service battery. Clean cables, add distilled water, and clean terminals.
The tune up process and service may vary from car to car or based off time since your last tune up service. Servicing the Sparks and Reno area, Sunshine Service Brake & Alignment knows tune ups. Come in have one of our expert mechanics give your car the proper care it deserves.
We’re conveniently located on 850 S. Rock in Sparks, across from Baldini’s. Just off I-80. Call now for prompt service: (775) 358-5486.